Thursday, April 24, 2008

the originalTomKat...every new beginning comes from so other beginning's end

Since I've started this blog I've become slightly obsessed with finding and reading new blogs. Well I stumbled upon one (i'd link to it but I'm not sure of how this works yet and if that's "allowed") about that love (or lust) at first site that brought husbands and wives together. Obviously it got me thinking of how I met the tom half of tomkat (bet you can't guess his name lol, and no I don't go by Kat in real life but it's close). Anyway I found it really appropriate to right about this now because the anniversary of it is only a few short weeks away. It was my 21st birthday and my girlfriends were taking me out in Boston to celebrate. You should know a little background info here, I had just been having the WORST year of my life. Basically I had written off getting involved with any guys, and no my bad year wasn't over just petty guy stuff. Anyway back to the good stuff. It was my 21st birthday and the tradition with my girlfriends was to go out and kiss 21 guys on our 21st birthday (ah to be young and carefree again). Well after going to a few different bars we ended up in The Purple Shamrock. I was from the Boston area so it wasn't a big deal that I was out in Boston. But my husband is from Central MA so it was fate that brought us together lol. His friends had taken him out for a BIG night in Boston to get him back in the playing field since he had just broken up with a girlfriend. So my birthday was going good I had let 3 guys kiss my cheek (i did not want to really make out with 21 different guys), then I saw this HOT guy standing up against that railing in front of the makeshift stage. I pointed him out to my friend Lauren (she was the one in charge of rounding up the guys for me to kiss since I was too shy to do it myself) and said "I want to kiss him". But then I quickly tried to stop her cause I was afraid he was too HOT and I thought he kind of looked like a jerky frat boy that would be like um no way why would I want to kiss her. Luckily, she didn't listen to me and she went right up to him and told him it was my birthday and that he should kiss me. So she took me by the hand like a 12 year old and stood me in front of him, and I put my cheek out for him to kiss me. He kissed my cheek and then immediately said "is that it" (lol it all sounds so cheesy now but it still gives me butterflies thinking about it even as I'm writing this). I couldn't here what exactly he had said so I looked at him and attempted to say "what" but as I opened my mouth he grabbed me and started making out with me (see here's where I wish I was better with words cause it would've been nicer to say it in a more romantic way). The only thing that can be said about this kiss is a quote from my all time favorite movie The Princess Bride , " Since the invention of the kiss, there have only been five kisses that were rated the most passionate, the most pure. This one left them all behind.” Once the kiss ended he said "Um I broke up with my girlfriend 5 hours ago" LMAO, he now explains that the reason he said that was because he had felt the same way about the kiss that I had and he NEEDED me to know he was available. All I could say at that moment was something to the extent of, I hope you don't expect me to be a shoulder to cry on. Well for the rest of the night we were the only two people in the bar (at least that's how it felt to us) I think we were trying to dance together but basically we just swayed in the middle of the dance floor talking. We were only able to hear two songs that night and now anytime we hear these we look at each other and we are the only two people on that full dance floor again, one was the redsox anthem Sweet Caroline and the other was Closing Time. Well he took my phone number and of course waited the week to call then we went on our first date which is a whole other post I swear our first date was better than any first date imaginable. In about a month's time I had moved in with him and the rest is history as they say but we're still making our history and I'm loving every minute of it (even the minutes that I hate). So that is how the Original TomKat came to be, I think we're much cuter than that other tomkat couple out there!

No comments: