Monday, April 21, 2008

running with pants around ankles

That's what my two year old E was doing this morning. He was just cracking himself up. Now normally I'd be (yelling at him) telling him to stop the running in the house. But this time I was able to see the shear joy on his face. The pure joy that hasn't yet been tainted by the worry of gas prices, the overwhelming pile of clean clothes waiting to be folded, or the fear felt on 9/11 (how's that for a variety of concerns in my head). And it wasn't the look of joy you see on people's faces when you mention it's only 9 months until Dubya is out of the office. It was just indescribable (at least for me since I'm at a loss for words). So at that moment I let him have his fun. And I resolved to try to find the joy in the little things I do. Now talk to me later when I get home from a day at The Boston Marathon. I'll just try to picture everyone running with their pants around their ankles when the crowds of people are walking completely oblivous into me and my large stroller pushing two kids and holding onto M's hand. Ok so I exaggerated a little bit. I won't be doing it alone my husband and dad will be helping but you get the point. So today remember it's lots of fun to run around with your pants around your ankles!!!

No comments: