Friday, April 25, 2008

slowly but surely

I'm starting to figure out what I'm doing with this blog. Now if only I wasn't just talking to myself lol. I guess in all honesty I feel more comfortable thinking that it's just me reading this.

Right now (shhh I have to say this quietly) all my boys are napping at the same time! I should be taking advantage of this time and folding some of that laundry still sitting in the basement. Or I could venture into the kids playroom to find the mouse that our cat may or may have not killed last night, but let's face it I'm a big wimp and am too afraid to even think about the possibility of a mouse being in there, dead or alive. I know I'm a mom of 3 boys I need to stop being so "girly" but I'm a city girl I grew up literally playing in the streets. The only wildlife there was us rowdy kids. I saw the rats in the subway and in the backalleys of Boston but learned to just ignore them. It's a little bit of a different story when there's a (teeny tiny) mouse running rampant inside my domain. Don't even get me started on my fear of frogs it's seriously debilitating. We have a small river that runs through our backyard and before much longer the frogs will have made their way up to my backdoor and I won't be able to step outside without my boys going out before me yelling frogs go away. I'm not really sure where I'm heading with all this I guess I just needed to get it out lol. I guess that's it for my ramblings I do need to get to some work. If anyone actually does read this I hope you enjoyed this glimpse into how random the thoughts in my head can be!

3 comments:

Alex Elliot said...

Welcome to blogging! I wouldn't want to go look for a possible dead mouse either. Even when I know one is there since we have two cats, there's still the startled factor every time.

PinksandBluesGirls said...

Hey there!! Welcome to the mom blog world!! I love you have 3 boys... !! Me too!! And one more on the way!! I will be stopping by often to check in!!
Best,
Audrey
Pinks & Blues

Anonymous said...

I am a cable installer and have had to move ceiling tiles in peoples homes a lot, and twice I've had dead mice fall from the ceiling. Let's just say that it doesn't matter how clean the houses that I enter are, I ALWAYS wash my hands before I eat anytime.